Wednesday, May 12

Day 3

Hello All,
Some great work from many of you.
Here are some new recordings in response to Mike Blake's questions:

saturation adjustment layer and mask

texture grain

using masks for woodcuts etc...

I intend to do one for Mike Ferris on random texture as well.
I will look into giving you all access to all of last year's recordings to help locate things like Jake Gorman mentioned with blending. Please let me know how you like the newer style recordings as opposed to the older Adobe Connect method.

As always watch for new comments on each other's blogs.

--David

3 comments:

  1. The new recording method seemed to work better actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recordings; they were very helpful (especially as I am preparing to work on my Illustration).

    Regarding the destructive use of the eraser...I guess it was never a problem for me before because I avoid relying too much upon the history. At times I usually go back 5-10 events in history, but even then that is the extreme case. Perhaps it is a fault of mine, but digital work already has so many variables that I could spend hours working individually on.

    Thanks again for the demo's. I liked the saturation one, but the whole mask concept is going to take time to fully understand in order to use it as a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the woodcut technique. I am really into relief printmaking, so much so that I may get a degree in it as well. I've always wondered how some poster artists got that kind of effect digitally without actually doing a linocut. I think this is exactly it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete